Friday, June 16, 2006

Another SUrpRisE

I decided - at the very last minute - that I gotta do something to my hair yesterday.
It was starting to turn frizzy, and the entire day being cooped up in the dry, air-conditioned office since I started on this job didn't help much.
So, although my regular hairstylist whom I've been visiting since 1997/8 was having his day off, I still rang ahead to make an impromptu appointment with his junior staff for after work.
I ended up being served by a senior staff instead, someone whom I know by face and we've exchanged friendly greetings over the years.

Now comes the interesting part.

I was hurrying towards the hair salon as I was a few minutes late already.
Not having the habit to look at people I pass normally whenever out-and-about, I didn't notice my ex-boyfriend from waaaaay back in 1999/2000 waving his arm up and down in front of me.
Being out in the sun a lot due to the nature of his job, he has now developed 'crow's feet' around the eye-area.
Other than that, he couldn't be looking healthier, fitter and darker (and still as good-looking).

Actually, we have been keeping in touch via sms despite having broken up all those years ago, but have not had the chance to meet up again in person in all this time.
BUT, we have finally arranged to meet up for dinner tomorrow evening.
Isn't that an interesting surprise? :o)
Which means there is something to blog come tomorrow (or the day after).

Anyway, back to my hairdo...

Now, my hair is as straight as can be, and for some reason, the fully straight hair is shiny and appears much longer than previously!
Must have been the hair treatment that I had soon after I had my hair straightened. :o)
The real test of the 'kung-fo' (i.e. skill) of the senior hairstylist will be when I wash my hair in a day's time.
We will then see if it is still as straight and glossy as now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home