Friday, June 02, 2006

Blogger at work

Decided to buy lunch to eat in my office instead.
Kinda nice not to be out and about for a change!
So, it means I have that little extra bit of time to blog - during work hours! :o)

I caught up with a friend over dinner last night.
He offered to pick me up from my work place.
That's cool, considering that it would have been a long way to get to where we went for dinner last night.
We had Japanese food (it was yummy!), and then went for ice-cream afterwards.
The ice-cream was eaten at a different venue/restaurant, and when my order arrived, I had a huge shock.
The serving was humongous!
My friend laughed when he saw my expression.
He deliberately didn't warn me about what to expect, and had wanted to see my expression when the order arrived at the table.
He ordered something different (still ice-cream), but the serving was similar.
So it wasn't surprising that we did not manage to finish our yummy dessert in the end.

It was a relaxing time, as I wasn't subjected to work-talk.
That could have been really tiring otherwise.
Speaking of which, I have applied for (and my boss has approved) a 2-day leave for Monday and Tuesday next week.
I will be trying to catch up on some serious rest, and perhaps set aside some time to go shopping with my family.
It is a well-deserved break, as I have continued to roll out things for various people at the office.
At the same time, it is also a good time for me to catch up with my family members, whom I may have neglected in the time that I had been busy (or even in the past 6 months of being in this new job).
Not to mention catching the sale season, of course! ;o)

Oh, I am not heading to UK in July after all.
Am postponing the trip to next year, and heading to Hong Kong instead.
This is a business trip, which I have just learnt that it is entirely paid for.
I am pleased, of course! :o)

Oops.
Better get back to some work now.
Till the next blog...ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home