Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A new school

Wow.
Salsa is really becoming really popular here.
I just discovered another new school that has sprung up.
And in its efforts, it has managed to convince HardRock Cafe to release its upper floor ('Lion's Den') for Salseros and Salseras to dance.
It's every first Thursday of the month, starting from 1st September.

My dance school is also promoting a regular, once-a-month Salsa Social Night.
It's every last Saturday of the month from now on, at the Gallery Hotel ('Zenden', Level 4).
And its invite is not going to be limited to its students, but extended to their friends, parents and the Salsa community.
I went to the most recent one last Saturday, which I mentioned in my previous blog.
But on this blog, I'll be elaborating on what had happened that night.
Considering its size, the place was packed and the air-conditioning couldn't cool it down fast enough.
And this also applies to the stifling ladies' toilet (just to side-track a bit).

Anyway, for some reason, I missed bumping into a dear friend of many years who happened to mention (post-event) that he was there that night too.
It was strange that I missed seeing him, as he is of quite a considerable height!
But we both noticed (like everyone else present, I suppose) there was a certain interestingly attired, petite Salsero.
He was dressed in a kung-fo outfit, and was occasionally using a chinese fan when he was off the dance floor.
What caught our respective attention was the fact that he was like a bundle of energy, and he couldn't stop moving.
Even during the times when he was taking a break from dancing.

I wonder how this Salsero was like once, when he was at school.
Did his teachers have to tie him to his chair just to get him to sit still in the classroom?
Sorry - that was a bit mean.
But it makes you wonder, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home