Sunday, August 28, 2005

A good evening

Last night was a good night.
It started off with an exclusive wine-tasting invite, followed by dinner, and then a Salsa social night organised by my dance school.

Don't laugh - the wine-tasting was my first ever.
Although I have learnt to appreciate wine-drinking over the last few years, I have never attended such an event before.
So that was also a new experience for me.
Yah, very 'suah-koo' right? ('suah-koo' means 'hopelessly inexperienced' - for want of a better description)
Since the event was held by my favourite watering hole, I knew which good wine to sample.
Unfortunatley, I was too late to sample the 1996 Portugese Carbenet Sauvignon one.
It was supposedly one of the best there and it had all gone.
But I got to taste yummy chocolates, although by the time I arrived, the people promoting them have already packed up for the day.
The assistant manager made a special request for me, and I got to have some anyway. :o)

Dinner was a bowl of prawn noodles.
I haven't had that in ages.
And considering that I already had some light dinner earlier in the day, this was my second dinner.
I probably had over-eaten.
Too late now to regret anyway.

Oh yah, the Salsa social evening.
We students were allowed to bring our friends along, so I brought 3 of mine.
They were all non-Salsa dancers, so they were curious.
One left too soon, as he had a long day.
He missed a good performance of cha-cha, and some social Salsa dancing following that.
I finally saw my Salsa instructor dance.
It happened on my one trip back from the ladies - that actually made my evening!
I said hello to my instructor when he first arrived, and asked whether he would be performing.
He said no, as he's not good enough.
I didn't buy that, and said he's just too modest.
But he said it's true he's not good enough.
For the social evening, I didn't participate in any dancing.
I was quite happy to look after handbags for the evening, and to keep my remaining two friends company.
Just so that they wouldn't feel left out.
All in all, it was a good evening for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home