Saturday, May 07, 2005

Eventful week

A friend of mine complained that my blogs are too work-based.
So I shall concentrate on the past week's social activities.
Brace yourselves, people!

We shall start with last Sat.
I ended up missing my girlfriend, and the dinner and Jazz night went up in smoke.
She left just as I arrived, despite the fact that I texted her on the mobile to say I was late - two hours before.
Unfortunately, she did not get my messages or calls, as her PDA phone automatically switched over to the PDA function and shut down her phone due to low battery level.
I went to see my Godma instead, and kept her company till her fashion store closed for the night.
It was an unpredictable night, but I enjoyed that unexpected event.

I cannot remember how I spent Sunday.
It probably means it was uneventful, so I shall skip that.

Monday was a public holiday in lieu for Labour's Day which fell on Sunday.
So I accompanied mom shopping and went to look up my cousin who has come all the way from Malaysia (mom's side of the family) to work.
This cousin of mine I have not seen since she was 10 or so (and now she is in her early 20s.
For once, I had dinner out with mom.
It was nice, as we happily ate and chatted about things which we would not have done if we were at home.

Tuesday was a mad day.
I had a friend who came to seek my dad's advice about some herb stuff.
So being the go-between for them, I had to race up and down the stairs in-between working to make sure things were ok.
It was a little disruptive to say the least.
But I still found time to head out for dinner.
Nice food, nice restaurant and nice company too!

Wednesday was Yoga, then a Japanese sashimi dinner - yum!
It was at a place which is about 15 minutes' car ride from where I live.
My friend and I exchanged news about people we know.
In particular, we found out so much about one mutual friend of ours that was rather interesting!
Frightening to think that a friend you trust can say one thing and do another.
One more lesson learnt.

Thursday was dinner and drinks with the dear friend who is going backpacking in Europe.
I haven't seen her since I came back to Singapore permanently, so am amazed she looked so refreshed for a change!
So far, friends who have left their teaching jobs have looked refreshed afterwards.
Must be the seemingly neverending work that has made one look haggard.

Friday was another round of dinner and drinks.
Dinner was at a newly opened Shanghainese eatery; the Mainland Chinese chefs were seen beavering away behind the glass windows where the kitchen was.
The food was delicious, and my friend and I even got a free dessert!
Then it was off to a familiar wine-bar that I like.
For a Friday night, it was nice and quiet - just the way I like it.
It was my friend's first visit, so she liked it very much.
We shared a yummy bottle of red wine between us, and chatted till early hours of the morning.
It was good though, as this is a new friend whom I've made from my Salsa class.
We ended up being asked for our particulars for future wine-tasting events to be held at the wine-bar.
That will be nice.

Today (Sat) was massage day at the Spa.
I booked myself in for a session a week ago.
It was a good session, and I am hoping to sleep like a baby tonight.
Come to think of it, I am quite tired.

I shall take my leave...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home