Thursday, April 14, 2005

72nd floor

I just got back from a quiet drink with a friend at a swanky, well-known bar.
Altough it is pretty packed despite on a weekday!
This place is situated on the 72nd floor of what used to be the tallest building in Asia.
It was mainly to allow my RSI attack to calm down (so no temptation of work).
As well as to provide a listening ear for my friend who was involved in a car accident only a few days ago.
Being the first-ever accident encountered, my friend first appeared to be taking it well.
But, in actual fact, I sensed there was this slightly aloof state of mind coming from my friend as the evening went on.
I gently questioned it, and it was confirmed.
The aftermath of the accident was still lingering at the back of the mind.

I did not have the heart to wear my friend out, so I said it would be better if we called it a night earlier than usual.
It was appreciated.
There was also my friend's promise to meet up again next week to go Salsa dancing at a hip and happening Salsa dancing place ...
... or should I say, we will be Salsa watching (watching other dancers dance!).
My instructor will be there, along with the other instructors.
That should be fun!
But I still suggested we left it open to change.
Just in case my friend is not feeling up to all this yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home