Thursday, April 28, 2005

T.W.T.

That stands for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
I have been busy.
I have been spending the last couple of days working on my final report till 3 or 4 am.
I have also been taking and making many calls that concerns the renting of a serviced office for my Organisation - for my use.
That resulted in many undesirable interruptions, as I was slaving away on my report.
But, it is a wonderful personal friend who is trying his best to secure me a good serviced office - with perks and all.
So it is definitely unfair if I were to get annoyed.

This friend has been so efficient that earlier today, he even got appointments for me to view 2 potential offices.
One was outside of the Central Business District (CBD), with the other within the CBD.

The one within the CBD impressed me more, as it has triple security - keycard to get access to the offices, security camera at strategic points, and a security guard making his rounds.
As soon as I entered the office, I felt good.
This place has altogether 51 units of serviced offices in all sizes.
Mine is the second smallest (smallest all gone), but is still larger than the other one that I will be talking about in awhile.
For this one in particular, the extra perks come in the form of a swimming pool, sauna and gym for its tenants!
Not to mention that it is in a prime location.
A rather posh place, I may add.
And coincidentally, two of my friends also have offices there, and the office I viewed happens to be diagonally across theirs!
The units are mainly rented out to lawyers and accountants, according to the agent.
And the rental rate is on-par with the other one.

The other cheaper serviced office only needs a key-card to get in, and not only that, it looked clinical - white-washed, bare walls, extremely cold air-conditioning.
That's not all - you need to have your own fan as the air-conditioning gets switched off at 6 pm! (The other one has 24 hours access with your own controlling panel.)
I really need flexible access as I foresee myself working till late every day.

I've seen both offices, and now it is up to my dear friend to negotiate the best pricing for me to get the posher office.
And then have my bosses 'okay' it.

AND I did another interesting thing earlier tonight.
Remember those 2 friends I mentioned briefly, saying they have their offices at the posh address (scroll up please)?
Well, I attended one of their workshops they conducted tonight, and it was at the premise!
I invited yet another good friend to attend the workshop as well, but the kind soul felt bad for turning up late (after an afternoon meeting dragged overtime) that he ended up waiting for me to finish my workshop before we met up!
Not only that, he had offered to give me a ride home in his swanky car.
It was one way of catching up with our respective news in the end, since it has been ages since we last met up.
I am really blessed to be surrounded my sincere friends - what more can I ask in life???

On that contented note, it is time to get back to my work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home