Saturday, April 16, 2005

Interesting program

I stayed at home again today.
Partly because of work, and partly because there was a thunderstorm and I did not fancy heading out and getting wet.
So in mutual agreement with a friend of mine (amongst many that I have), our dinner/movie/drinks plan was shelved.

I paced myself at typing, with the outstanding work that I have to do.
I also ended up getting distracted by a very interesting television programme.
It was a Taiwanese variety show, trying to pair up couples for dating.
I was not interested in that program per se, but more in the guests they invited on the show.
The guests included a fortune-teller, a marriage counsellor, and an astrologer.
They were there to offer guidance and advice to these single men and women.

There was this particular discussion about how reading one's face says it all.
The marriage counsellor and the fortune-teller both agreed that a person's face is very telling.
The marraige counsellor even said that through her years of counselling experience, she is now able to tell who is a 'stayer' and who is not in a marriage - just by looking at a person's face during a session!

When questioned further by the program hosts, she explained that in her opinion, everyone was born good-looking.
It is through the years of self-conditioning that one looks the way one does.
If you are an unhappy person generally, your mouth droops, your eyes are not 'alive', and the whole face looks 'droopy' and miserable.
That is how one becomes ugly-looking.

On the other hand, if one is a happy person, the person's mouth will have slightly upturned sides, the eyes will look bright and 'sparkling', etc.
And according to her, that is how one's looks evolve - and is still changing all the time!

I was surprised that the fortune-teller agreed.
He added that only when a person starts understanding himself or herself, accepts his or her own flaws and improves on them can such a person find happiness through that self-realisation.
From there, this person can then begin to accept another person's flaws, and make a relationship work properly.

Partially, I would put it down as being contented with oneself.

All that I have heard made sense.
Especially when I have discovered for myself that a happy person tends to draw people to him or her.
The reason behind the draw is simple.
It is H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home