Saturday, April 09, 2005

Sales assistant job

No, am not advertising for that position to be filled.
I merely want to share my brief experience of becoming one earlier today.

I finally got time off work during this weekend.
This was because I told my boss my RSI has hit me big time yesterday.
My inflamed tendons got so bad that I HAD to stop working after I finished my first full interview transcription.

Having not spent any personal time with my family members, I took it upon myself not to touch my notebook-computer all day today (till now that is), in order to head out with them.
My mother and my sister-in-law decided to visit my Godmother and check out her month-old fashion house.

That was when I got a first taste of trying to help my Godma out with the neverending flow of customers that she appeared to have, in the time we were there!
It was fun but at the same time daunting too.
As a sales assistant, one HAS to make the first move to approach the customer.
By nature, I am unused to doing that.
So it had been quite a learning curve for me.
I had to TRY to drop all inhibitions and serve the customers.
I must say though I had failed quite miserably.
I noticed that I had tried to retreat back to the cashier's counter at every opportunity I could.
Or was happier trying to spruce up the clothing display at the store.
Really learnt yet another thing about myself again today!

I also came away with a number of items of clothing that I tried and liked.
I call them my 'investment' - for my job, of course!
Well, whatever excuse I could come up with JUST to buy myself nice things.
Ha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home