Wednesday, April 06, 2005

More skiving 1

I did it again today.
Well, I was getting a little fed-up that I had so much interview data to transcribe, and all that typing was making my RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury - similar to 'Tennis elbow') no better.
In fact, I should not even be typing out this blog!

Anyway, I started on my work earlier.
So I took the liberty to finish my work for the day earlier too.
I am a conscientious person by nature, and I also tend not to shortchange anyone work-wise.

I had made plans to meet a friend for dinner.
It was his second-last day in Singapore, as he is flying back to France the next day.
I promised to treat him to dinner ages ago, after I started on a new job.
So this was my treat.
We went to a Thai restaurant.
This was because my friend said since he had been back for a month-long holiday, he had eaten his way through just about everything, except Thai cuisine.
My friend was rather considerate.
He did not try to burn a big hole in my pocket (ok, maybe just a tiny one - just kidding! - in case YOU are reading this!)
The food was nice.
I shall have to bring my parents there soon.

My friend brought me to a nice pub-restaurant which was tucked away in the heart of Orchard Road.
This famous stretch of road is actually the shopping haven for tourists and the locals.
I have lived in Singapore practically all my life, and yet, I had not been to this nice place before.
And according to my friend, this place has been around since the early 90s.
Wow.
The deco is really lovely.
It was basically a restored old shophouse, typical of the olden days of Singapore.
I liked it very much.

I have always appreciated old buildings.
Perhaps it is because there are not many of such buildings around for anyone to appreciate now.
Or it is just me?

Will write more.
But not now.
Am off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home