Friday, April 01, 2005

It's not TGIF for me

Well, what can I say?

Today is Friday, and yet I'm taking a short break from work typing out this blog.
I have 2 more reports to write, but I know I can finish them off after this.
It's just that it has been at least 2 weeks since I've had time off to do my social thing.
Sigh...

Like yesterday, I had to wake up at 4 am in the morning to catch a shuttle flight to Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia.
It was a day-trip for business, but fortunately, I met some nice business associates who had a great sense of humour.
It was as if I was meeting new friends, although I did carry out my duties and responsibilities appropriately.
The joking bit only started after my associates were invited to lunch with my colleague and me, and all four of us headed to the airport to catch our respective flights home (they were from Indonesia, in Malaysia for an exhibition).
Except that my colleague and I had no flight to catch, until we bought our tickets over the counter when we arrived at KL airport!
In fact, we did the same in the morning, when we caught the 6:30 am flight.

You see, my Organisation which I am working for was hired to provide our services for my working colleague's company.
That meant that my air travel was paid for by my colleague's company, rather than my Organisation.
His boss said it's cheaper over the counter.
All I can say is - SHEESH!

What if we were unable to secure any flights home???

I told my colleague to tell his boss we ain't gonna do that again.
She is NOT my boss, so I do not have to watch my words.
Besides, she is THAT "sweet" (yuck) person who conned me of my pay previously...

Anyway, today has been another manic work day for me.
I crashed into bed at 9+pm last night and slept like a baby.
I did not wake up till 8+ am this morning!

Now feeling a little sleepy, but have 2 more reports to write.
Speaking of which, am gonna end my blog here.

Bye for now.

Oh, btw, am off to Jakarta on Tuesday - for business - again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home