Sunday, April 03, 2005

Weekend clump

I'm getting short of hours to keep up with my blogging.
So am cheating a little by doing both Saturday and Sunday's together. :o)
Saturday's painful Chinese massage for my RSI problem was rescheduled to next Saturday.
It was simply because I was so tired that I decided to sleep-in some more.
All this travelling has taken its toll.
Not to mention the crazy amount of work I have to do!

Don't get me wrong - I am enjoying using the skills that I have been trained for, for the last 4 years.
It is just that it is vastly different to be working on so many things and not knowing where to begin.
Currently, I am driving two projects overseas.
Hence all the travelling, as I get to be introduced to the local people in those countries who are working with/for me, etc.

Two interesting observations my mentor has made on our business trips is that I eat frequently (to him, it is 'a lot'), and visit the restroom often.
This is true for a couple of reasons:
1. I eat more meals per day, but in small quantities at a time (so I get hungry quickly).
2. I have developed the habit of drinking lots of water and juices, along with the occasional cup of coffee or tea (which goes right through my system pretty quickly).

You see, on my recent business trips with my mentor, I had asked if we had time to grab a bite rather often.
I guess needing to think on my feet and all that travelling could have used up all my energy.
Fortunately, I seem to have a high metabolic rate.
I haven't gained much (or any) weight since I moved back to Singapore permanently last December.

Sunday today has started so far with more trancription of interview data.
I am determined to get this particular one out of the way by today.
Then I can start summarising the information based on what I have transcribed.
And then another separate interview is awaiting to be done too.
All these to be done before my next business trip to Jakarta on Tuesday...

I am looking forward to the week after next.
So far, there's no work-related travelling that I know of that I have to plan for, after this trip to Jakarta.
Maybe that is when I can start meeting up with my friends again.
And exchange our news with one another.
I am hopeful.

I do miss my friends and surrogate families (there are 2!) in the UK.
They are the nicest people I have ever known.
At least all are down-to-earth and sincere people.
Unlike some of the people I have met since I started working back here in Singapore.
I also miss the independence that I enjoyed in the time I was there.
At least I wouldn't have been asked why I was spending 3 hours on the phone the other day, during my work-hours.
The person who asked was none other than my mother.
I guess she cannot figure out why I need to talk business with someone for that long.
There will be more to come, when I get conference calls!

Right now, I am working from home until a temporary, serviced office is found for me.
Or rather, when I finally get to view an office that is suitable for me.
The Organisation that I am working for is that new.
To the extent that I have to make enquiries for my own work place.
A more permanent location can only be decided on when the Organisation knows how many additional staff we are hiring to work for us.
I can't wait for that to happen - I really need a personal assistant soon!
For now, I am exploring the possibility of investing in a phone-cum-PDA.
When I get my first pay-check.

My (lunch) break is over.

This means only one thing - work.

Ciao. ]:@

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home