Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Hectic as usual

Wednesday had been a busy one.

Had to visit my Organisation's consultants in the late morning to get my contract terms sorted out.
Yes - I have yet to sign my work contract!
It was a good visit, as the consultants were discussing how to set up my Organisation with my mentor.
You see, we have a branch overseas, but the founders are trying to have an Asia-Pacific base in Singapore.
Hence I was employed, you see.
The meeting helped me understand a lot of the things about how companies are set up, along with what possible loopholes prevail in the Singapore laws.
Wow.
An whole new experience indeed!

I treated my boss to sushi and sashimi lunch afterwards.
Although the meal cost me an arm and a leg, we both realised we like eating raw fish - yum!
We also exchanged more details about ourselves, but I was careful not to share too much.
I've been "bitten" once before, so I do not wish to be "bitten" again!
Then again, I must say that my mentor is caring enough to hasten me to provide my bank account details, so that I can be paid for the past 2 weeks since I started work.
He also offered to insure me for health and travel purposes, which I am grateful for.
This is because the consultants said there was no need for the Organisation to do so.
So this gesture is very much appreciated.
I guess I am a one-woman operation for now, and I am the key person (other than my mentor and another Director) helping to set up the Organisation full-time.
In other words, I am indispensible, what with my qualifications and my past work experience that match this role perfectly.

That is, unless they are intending to kill me off in due course, and claim the insurance money for themselves, as one of my friends have joked.
Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home