Thursday, April 07, 2005

More skiving 2

Where was I?
Oh, about my skiving.

I was talking about liking old buildings.

But I think I shall talk more about a couple of things that I have been enlightened with - during post-dinner drinks - by my dear friend, who is at this point boarding his plane back to France.
We exchanged news about how we were getting on.
And our conversation got us talking about relationship issues.
Although he had known for a long time about my past relationship experiences, I shared a little more about those this time around.

I subsequently made this comment about believing "what is yours will be yours, and what is not, there would not be much point trying to grab on to it".
His response to this statement caught me by surprise.
He asked me whether that was uttered for the sake of uttering it, or do I really meant what I said.
I questioned that response, and he blew me away with his comment next.
He said that if we were to go through life thinking that way, then there would be a high chance that each new relationship that came by would stop short of progressing any further.
It is because either party would not have realised that perhaps this IS a first, true(!) test of the strength of the relationship.
And it is precisely because of that statement I made earlier.
That means that we would not be able to hold on to any relationship.
Or even fight for it if it means something to us big time.

I reflected on it since, and I think what my friend said has some element of truth in it!

My friend also said the same goes for the statement, "let Nature takes its course".
He said if we were to say that and actually practice that, we will never get anywhere in life.
Simply because we are not going to be proative to do things.

Wise words indeed!

Thought I'll share on here ...

Thanks VC! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home