Saturday, July 29, 2006

Saturday night out

I just got back from having had a Japanese dinner.
I went out with my ex-boyfriend again - this time to check out the
other branch of the Japanese restaurant that we went to the other time.
The ambience was great, and we were given a table at a nice and cosy corner away from the dining crowd.
We ordered dishes to share again just like the last time, and we didn't think that what we picked were as nice as the last time.
Even the desserts weren't as nice, nor were they presented like the other
"sister" branch.
It meant that we didn't get to have the small, folded paper cranes to take with us. :o(

In any case, the dinner experience was fun again, and this time, my ex-boyfriend decided to feed me the shared dessert (a few times) for my sampling.
Having no expectations each time we met up has been great so far, which means we could really enjoy each other's company.
But the most enjoyable part was during the car ride home.
We were both kidding with each other, and I boldly asked him when I was going to get my birthday pressie.
Ha.
He said the dinner treat was IT, and I cheekily said that didn't count, especially when the food goes through your body's digestive system, that's it.
He was quick-witted enough to suggest that I could choose to keep my poo as a birthday pressie if I wanted to!
Ha.

Anyway, we shall see.
I'll be delighted if he does end up getting the same cute soft toy that he has in his car, for me.
AND, I told him I wouldn't want the one in his car as it is second-hand!
Ha.
My ex-boyfriend is still a big softie, and continues to be his playful self while positioning the cute soft toy on the car's steering wheel while he drove.
It was so cute that I HAD to take a picture of it!




See? Cute, eh?

Anyway, it was a good thing I hadn't postponed the dinner.

I had a tough day at work on Friday, what with another confrontation from my fellow colleague's supporting staff.

She was supposed to support me administratively for a short period of time until my own supporting staff comes onboard to join my team, but she chose to adopt the "hands-off" attitude which was uncalled for.

So, when I mentioned this to another staff (who wanted to get some work information from her and on failing to do so, came to me), about how unhelpful she was, she flipped.

Naturally, she has her boss (my petty fellow colleague) to back her up.

I sometimes wondered if it was because they were at a more advantageous position of having more people to back each other up in times of "need", and whether that's the reason why they thought they could do whatever they like to me.

This confrontation (albeit the second time for me) taught me a wise lesson.

That is, to learn how to stop being too accommodating and do things myself, and to be more demanding (and bossy) to get work done!

At least, that will apply to this current work situation...

2 Comments:

Blogger Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

thats a neat trick, I need to teach BB how to hang from the car's steering wheel.....

12:13 pm  
Blogger Robin CHAN said...

hmmm.. i also want something like that, it will go well when I have my next accident.

haha, just had one last weekend.

2:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home