Thursday, June 22, 2006

What a blur...

Between Monday (past) and today, I've had an interesting week so far.
On Monday, I met up with a new friend - he is a mutual friend of a friend of mine, if you can work out what I mean.
It was a good lunch (am referring to the food) and the person was nice enough (I know you are reading this - haha).
This new friend is so nice that I have been invited to learn how to play squash at his and his long-standing friends' expense (and they have played regularly since the mid-80s!).
I mentioned this to 2 other work-colleagues and they (also beginners) would like to join me and my friend(s)!

Anyway, Tuesday was my first lunch appointment with a senior colleague of mine.
We took all of 6 months to finally get to meet up for lunch!
She was so sweet - she asked after me, checking if I had settled into my work-environment in the past few months since I joined this organisation, and how I was.
You see, I was going through a rough patch in my personal life 2 months into joining the organisation, when she got to hear about it.
But we never actually mentioned much about this, as I had wanted to ensure that my personal "hiccups" in my personal life would not affect or interfere with my work.
So I really appreciate this kind concern!
I even got treated to lunch by this senior colleague - wah, indeed.

On Wednesday, I conducted a couple of interviews as I need to hire new staff for my team.
One of the 2 candidates was very ideal, and the other, let's just say she wouldn't make it anywhere.
The ideal one, however, is drawing a current salary that my organisation won't be able to match.
But she appeared to want to take a substantial knock off her current pay, and had expressed a desire to sacrifice the higher pay for a more enriching learning experience on a new job.
We shall see.

The other candidate was much older than me, but based on her qualifications, she looked like an ideal candidate to interview.
But when she turned up, it was obvious she didn't prepare for the interview.
And when I tested her by being a little awkward with my questioning just to see if she could respond well to pressure, she was visibly stressed.

Today I made a friend happier than he was initially, as I injected some fun into our online chat.
He had a bad day at work, but mine was happily manageable.
So I tried to cheer him up by being funny with the comments I made during our chat.
I'm glad I made someone's day! :o)

I will be conducting more interviews tomorrow.
Again, the work will be manageable.
I've also made plans to go pig out with some friends after work.
I am drooooooooooling already...yum!

1 Comments:

Blogger seefei said...

hei...the cafe ah soh asked me to ask you when you can go and do the dishes.

3:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home