Friday, July 07, 2006

I am back...somewhat

I have received a few sweet emails from friends who asked after me.
It was partially because I have not blogged in the last 9 days.
Apologies - but I had been too tired to do anything other than head to bed each of the days previously.

I have been trying to balance work and relaxation time; the latter of which was in the form of Spa treatments.
Fitting my time into such treatments was tougher than I thought, especially when I had wanted to be the last one to be treated for the day, during the week!

Last weekend was hectic too - on Sat, I went to watch the Superman movie with a friend, followed by coffee, then dinner.
By the end of the day, I was exhausted.
Come Sunday, it was another Spa indulgence (and some light shopping after), which brought the week nicely to an end.

That aromatherapy massage was timely, as the next day at work (and the days following that) brought disaster upon disaster onto me.
Due to the mere inefficiency of one work associate, the rest of us ended up being implicated for the delay in the delivery of work.
Not a fan of office politics, I did the best I could to resolve the tricky situation instead of blaming anyone for the delay.
With the help of a very kind colleague, the 2 of us managed to turn things around.
Of course, it was the best we could do, although what was delivered wasn't the most ideal.
For that, we shall leave it to the other person who is the overall in-charge to handle it.

Due to all this hassle and stress, I caught a chill.
I started to feel feverish on Tue.
As a result, I could only watch my friends play squash on Tue evening, and letting them try out my brand-new squash racket I had bought on Sun.
Everyone said it was a good buy, especially when it is a good brand and the price was reduced by almost half of its original price tag!

I couldn't go on sick leave on Wed, as I had to finish off the problematic work situation in the morning, and then to conduct interviews for my new staff-hire with my boss in the afternoon.
I then got my boss' persmission to leave the office a few minutes earlier to go see a doctor.

And here I am, resting at home on the second day of sick leave granted. :o)
I slept all day yesterday, and was pretty zonked from the strong dose of medication my doctor has prescribed.
This is because come Sun morning, I'll be jetting off to Hong Kong for a 3-day business trip.
And I had expressed concern to the doctor that my fever may not subside in time for the trip.

I am better today, but still a little zonked.
I will try to head out later for a facial appointment that I had made a week ago.
I am reluctant to cancel this appointment, since I have other errands to run anyway.
Besdies, I have not gone for any treatment for the face in years!
SoI guess it's about time to do so.
Ha.

Will blog again when I get back from Hong Kong!

2 Comments:

Blogger Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

wah spa overload....me that is..

9:55 pm  
Blogger seefei said...

come back quick! squash session missing u!

9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home