Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Gosh

Has it been one week already???
Gosh.

I guess trying to catch up with rest in the evenings took up quite a bit of my time.
Not to mention that I had to go back to work last Sat.

It was my organisation's orientation for new recruits, so everybody had to be there.
Owing to the fact that my job position is unique, I could've asked to be excused from the function (at least one of my fellow colleagues did anyway).
After all, I was only required to show my face to the new recruits for a few seconds by way of a formal introduction, which wouldn't have mattered that much since I work 'behind the scenes'.
But I attended the function anyway, because I respect my boss highly, and I know he would appreciate such an effort made on my part at showing my support anyway.

And because of my unique job position, I was allowed to leave after a couple of hours, although everyone else had their own duties to carry out beyond that time. :o)

That was Saturday.

Sunday was a quiet time spent on working on my 'book'.
So, nothing that fun or exciting.
The fun bit came when I went out with a friend for a delicious Japanese dinner on Monday.
This friend met with a serious motorbike accident while he was overseas recently, so was still in crutches (but of course, lucky to be alive!).
But he has been operated on since, so was able to borrow a car to drive himself around.
And he graciously offered to pick me up from work.
Not to mention he brought me a box of chocolates!
Speaking of which, he works for a company that markets confectionery (i.e. chocolates, etc.).
How cool is that, eh?!

I had to skip yesterday's squash game as I didn't feel too good.
And today, my condition escalated to feeling sudden dizziness at work.
Had to ask my boss for permission to leave work in the late morning.
He took a look at me and could already tell I was 'off-colour'.

I went to the doctor's.
His diagnosis was that I could have caught the flu virus.
I had a sore throat a few days before, I started sneezing last night, and now my body is aching.
I feel weak generally, and after I came back from the doctor's earlier, I slept for 3 hours straight!
My doctor gave me 2 days' medical certification to cover me for today and tomorrow.
Although it's unlike me, I think I shall take the day off work tomorrow too.
Especially since I have my own Saturday duty this coming Saturday.
Which means I can catch up on my work then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home