Monday, July 24, 2006

I've just heard from someone...

This was a friend whom I got to know recently.
He just dropped me an email a few minutes before I started on this blog.

My friend and I met up for dinner before he was due to fly off to Shanghai for a business trip the day after.
Being someone who would be doing my packing at the last minute (i.e. the day before an overseas trip), I was concerned that I might be taking up his time if I were to agree to meet him the day before the overseas trip.
But, my friend was fine about it, and the sweet man even offered to pick me up from work that day!

Over dinner, my friend made a personal observation - he commented that I have a high EQ.
Actually, I realised that it takes one to know one! :o)
Which reminds me - I will have to tell him that when I see him again (without crutches, of course).
Ha.

I somehow knew that this friend would be a nice friend to keep from the first time I interacted with him.
In fact, it is nice to know that we share similar 'frequency' in our conversations!
From similar life experiences to similar exposure to Western culture for a long while - really cool.
And it's great to know that there are more outings to come!
Now, this friend I don't mind hanging out with.
As for the other guy I blogged about previously, I much rather wish I could make him disappear.
The more I thought about how he behaved towards the whole BBQ thing, the more unimpressed I am.
Oh dear...this is so unlike me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

yes its getting rather interesting...

11:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home