Saturday, April 01, 2006

A year on...

I just realised that I have blogged for over a year now.
Time flies!

This blogging business is tricky.
While I use my blogs as a means for my overseas friends to be updated with what has been happening in my life, I am also aware that my blogs have probably been read by strangers who have chanced upon them.
I think my blogs are only interesting to those people who know me personally.
For those who don't, they will think it's a bit boring.
Especially when I have been slack at blogging in the last month or so.

I have been following a couple of friends' blogs too.
One of whom have had a 'roller-coaster ride' in the last few months too.
I won't be one to judge, but whatever he did, I did mention to him ages ago not to even think about it, least of all try.
He got himself into a problematic situation anyway, and somehow appears to be regretting it.
I guess in life, we tend to learn better the hard way.
Even though there are times when we know what we are about to do is wrong, we do it anyway.
Just for the hell of it.
But there are others who use the new situation as a outlet to get away from another unhappy one.

I am one who believes that all things happen for a reason.
Be it good or bad, such times allow us to re-assess our lives and to reflect on what we want out of life.
That was what I told my sweet someone.
Speaking of which, we are still communicating fine, and he even called me before he left for his short business trip to a neighbouring country a few days ago.
He will be back this coming new week, and we will be meeting for dinner.
And I know I have mentioned this in my earlier blog. :o)

A gal friend has approached me with her long-distance relationship problem.
Unlike me, she is involved with a Caucasian based in New York whom she met last year while travelling, whereas my sweet someone is a local (like me) who has been travelling extensively for work.
She is a little too anxious about wanting to be in the exclusive relationship with this fella.
But this guy is taking things a little easier, especially when it is a long-distance thing for them.
I told her to take things easy too.
And to enjoy the process of development naturally, instead of forcing things to happen too quickly.
I warned her that if she hastens things, the balance may be upset, and things will not go the way she wants - no matter how in love they are with each other.
I used my situation as an example.
And told her much as I would like to have this relationship progress in the way I would like it to progress, I have to let things progress naturally and in its own time.
She said she's got a lot to learn from me.
I am flattered, of course! :o)

I have now been appraised ahead of my 3-month probation on the new job.
I will officially be confirmed come 9th April, but unofficially, I have secured the position!
That has delighted me to no end.
But, this month is also a busy month for me.
It's the peak season for things coming in, and because my new staff isn't going to join my organisation till a month from now, I have to do everything on my own in the meantime.
Oh well.
I am willing to take up the challenge.
Especially when my other colleague has 3 pairs of helping hands to do the work (him included).

Anyway, this new week is going to be a busy one for me.
Work-wise I have already mentioned, but socially, I am determined to allocate time to it too.
Am making a conscious effort for the latter...starting from this coming new week anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home