Thursday, February 16, 2006

Time flies....

Wow.
Time does indeed fly when one is busy.

It has been almost 2 weeks since I last blogged.
Well, it has been tiring so far after I come home from work each day.
To blog at work is near-impossible, especially when there are so many tasks to attend to, and meetings to go to.
And that is despite the fact that I have a really lovely supporting officer who works hard to accommodate my needs.
Not to mention that I am sharing her services with 2 other colleagues!

I have more or less settled into my job now.
In fact, it feels as though I've been working at this organisation for longer than the 1+ months since I've started!
Every single working day has been busy so far, but the sense of satisfaction of having completed the tasks I set for myself each day (without having to worry about work after I reach home) is definitely great!

The colleagues within my small department are getting along like a house on fire too.
There is definitely synergy amongst the few of us.
And the (only) 2 gentlemen in my department definitely live up to being known as that, i.e. gentlemen!
Pulling out a chair for me at a conference room, holding the door, etc. are not acts that I am graced with unless it's someone who wants to impress me for one reason or another previously.
And I can safely say that my 2 colleagues are most certainly not out to impress me.
Rather, it seems as if it is second nature to them.
Having said that, they were both educated overseas, much like me.
So perhaps that has partially something to do with it...

OK, my eyes need their rest now.
Will try to blog more often.
Bye for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home