Sunday, March 19, 2006

Tiring weekend

Yesterday was my organisation's Open Day.
I had to carry out my duty (and so did all other staff), answering queries and promoting our programmes.
After all, our performance bonus is dependent on how many 'customers' we are going to get!
It was comforting that I actually know many people on the job, although it has only been a couple of months since I started on this new job.
This event also allowed me to get to know some of my colleagues by their names and to chat with them, when previously, it had merely been nods of acknowledgement when we passed each other at work.
I also found out more about my scheming colleague - the one who has been withholding work information and at times, leaving me 'to the dogs' regarding related issues at work.
The latest thing I have found out was that he is now planning to 'clean up' some work stuff which has been messy previously.
In short, it is currently 'in the works' - as usual.
And that was only reluctantly revealed to me when I approached him about related similar work matters!

Oh, I have side-tracked...

Back to the Open Day.
I was asked by my (that) colleague to wait for him at a spot while he went to find out where I needed to go as far as leading a group of visitors was concerned.
After waiting for nearly half an hour, I thought something was amiss.
I then proceeded in search of my 'lost' group, only to find that he has gone ahead with leading one group of visitors himself instead, without getting back to me.
When I asked him about it, he made up some excuse about being too last minute for him to inform me, and whether the person he left word with had got back to me to relay his message!
Whatever.
I vowed to myself then never to trust him again.
Being a trusting person myself, it is disappointing that someone can be like that.
It's no wonder that he is getting so unpopular with so many of our colleagues.
Now I am beginning to know why.
And I am still discovering other things about him that has made him a 'bad egg'!
Isn't it sad???

Today has been another busy day for me.
I am working on a document that needs to be submitted by tomorrow at the very latest.
This is to be emailed to the UK, so I am hoping I can finish most of it for this evening.
Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?

Next week is going to be a pretty busy week.
It will be a busy combination of work and play, but right now, I am not thinking about either other than the document I am working on...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home