Saturday, January 07, 2006

Last 4 days - part 1

Since my last blog, the days have continued to be hectic.
And I am going to lump all events together on this blog instead of specifying what I did and when.

I did sign my work contract when this week came to a close! :o)
It was somewhat amusing, as I was asked when I would like to start work.
I offered to start work on Monday the 9th - with enthusiasm - and 2 HR personnel sounded quite surprised by my eagerness!
You see, the advantage of starting on Monday is the fact that Tuesday is going to be a public holiday.
Which means I work 1 day, I get to rest the next day (and get paid for it)!

I told my sweet someone about it when we got a chance to voice-chat online a couple of days ago.
He was utterly jealous, and jokingly said that I may as well not work!
Haha.

So far, I like what I have seen and learnt about my new work environment.
All staff are not encouraged to work overtime.
According to the BIG boss, if a person has to work overtime at this organisation, that means one isn't efficient.
My working hours are between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM, by the way.
Isn't that great that it's not 5:30 AM like I had to be forced to do on MANY days on my last job?!?!
Not only that, I only need to take a short public bus-ride to the nearest train station, before I get to be picked up by the organisation's free bus service that gets me all the way to my work place from there!
Not to mention that I get a free bus ride right outside my work building to the central part of Singapore too, at the end of the day.
Lovely, ain't it? :o)

I am looking forward to my first day at work.
It will probably be a whole day of running around and getting myself orientated, along with all other administrative stuff (security swipe-cards, etc.), meeting existing staff, and settling at my very own office (notice I'm not talking about settling into my work yet - haha).
AND, I need to find out what time is lunch time, and whether there are coffee breaks. :o)

I also managed to get a decent haircut/treatment at my usual hair salon, along with treating myself at the body spa with a good rub-down (not all on the same day - haha).
In other words, I am ready to take on the world in the new year!

Honestly, what more can I ask for, when things are going so great for me for a change - having a new job (with a certified clean bill of health by the doctor earlier today), a sweet someone, and a family that continues to be supportive and caring...and oh, a newly cleaned out room too to usher in the Chinese New Year come end of the month???
Come to think of it, there is something I haven't got - a pair of covered-toe work shoes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home