Tuesday, March 14, 2006

So glad to be the way I am

I am thankful for all the life experiences that have made me the way I am.
All the accumulative experiences not only have made me a stronger person, but also a person who has acquired the ability to formulate opinions about people she has met through her own observations and contact.
And not through mere hear-say.

I actually discovered more about myself through an hour-long conversation that I had with my boss earlier this morning.
I was merely wanting to take up 5-10 minutes of his time.
However, since I started on this job, I haven't really made a point to see him to update him about how I am getting on with my job.
I explained to him the reason why.
For one, I didn't want to take up his time when he already has a busy schedule.
For another, any problems that I felt I could handle I would do so without alerting/alarming him.

Anyway, this hour-long conversation revealed that my unsettling mood wasn't me getting paranoid on the job.
The problem was more to do with my fellow colleague whom I can now safely classed as being a control-freak.
He was (and still is!) the so-called "bottleneck" with regard to many work-related issues.
And according to my boss, the colleague has actually been acting difficult with many other colleagues of mine.
Basically, he has not been cooperative in the things that needed to be done.
That has upset the rest of the people working with him - people who have been merely wanting to get their job done.
He also tried to throw me into the lion's den, hoping that I would be eaten alive (that's metaphorically speaking, of course).
Fortunately, being the way I am, I was able to stay on top of each of the situations, and came out the better for it.
Tough news for him to swallow though, especially now that he has realised I am tougher than I look!

I have not attempted to confront him about the things that he had done to me.
I figured that time will reveal all, without me trying to resolve the issues.
For now, I simply let him think he has out-smarted me, with the additional work issues that have cropped up - all thanks to him.
After all, I have better things to do than wasting time on playing these mind-games.
Besides, his head is now on the line, and not mine.
How ironical, considering that that yesterday, the same colleague has "advised" me that I could be out of a job if I don't start finding out how I could work on developing certain aspects of my job.

With that in mind, I later found out from my boss that he has plans for my future career development.
That was rather flattering, considering that I have not interacted with him properly (i.e. on a one-to-one basis) before today.
I would end up doing something totally different from my current job scope now.

Wow.
More exciting times ahead! :o)

I am happy.
Happy that my quiet efforts have been recognised and appreciated.
Despite the fact that I have only been on this job for a couple of months!

I shall end on this happy note.
It's about time I am happy about something again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home