Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Post-dinner

I was just about to start this blog when I heard my mobilephone ringing.
It was from someone (which I later found out) who had tried to call me 4 times previously before I took the call.
This person expressed an interest at wanting me to head out and have a drink with him.
I know he's interested in getting to know me better, but I am just not keen.
He's the kind who likes to flit in and out of your life like a butterfly.
And for that reason alone, I am not encouraging him to meet up.

Besides, I've just come home from having dinner with my sweet someone.
He is still as sweet as ever, and looking rather smart in the new dress shirt (and a tie) that I got him.
The colour suited him (just as I thought!), but he prefers the other white one that I got him at the same time.
He said he would've worn the other shirt, except that it has not been ironed yet.

This dinner was a belated birthday treat that I had said I would give him.
[That is in addition to the new polo-neck t-shirt that costs quite a bit (for a t-shirt anyway), but I know would look rather nice on him.]

We went to a nice, Russian restaurant tucked away in a corner of town.
It was so exclusive that there were only the 2 of us in the entire restaurant the whole 2 hours we were there.
The beef and lamb shashlik were good.
But the highlight of the dinner wasn't on the food.
Between us, there were so many things to talk about, and yet on thinking back, we didn't talk about much!
Strange, isn't it?
Anyway, one thing we both have done was to let each other know how we each felt/feel about each other.
As I had concluded rightly, it was/is the uncertain financial situation that my sweet someone is in right now that caused him to decide he wasn't ready for a relationship.
The chemistry was/is still there, and he admittedly said he still loves me and I am precious to him.
It's just that he prefers to focus on getting back on his feet again, career-wise, before he thinks about anything else.

I have always known he is a very determined and responsible guy, and one who ensures that he could offer some security in life to the other partner before he is ready to commit in a relationship.
Just like how he was in his last relationship, when he had a job that was going well for him.
So we have mutually agreed that it is best to take one day at a time - just like what I said in my blog before this current one!
I also mentioned that I am a firm believer that all things happen for a reason.
And that whatever the reason may be, it has at least helped the 2 of us realise that we have been truthful to each other in our communication.
Not to mention that I really mean what I said when I told him I would stand by him, no matter what.
Of course, that has been thoroughly appreciated by my sweet someone, so I am happy already.

I have not felt so comfortable with anyone I had dated previously.
My sweet someone and I didn't seem to run out of things to say to each other - be it sharing jokes or the more serious stuff!
He may not be the best-looking guy in the whole world, but somehow, I still appreciate the way he is.
OK, he may seem a little tough (much like a smaller version of a bouncer at the door of any club), and talks and walks like he is about to get into a fight with someone, but hey, I don't find that off-putting at all!
I guess I have met too many men who have tried to impress me by putting on their so-called 'best' behaviour.
Unfortuanately for those men, I am not usually that easily impressed by anyone, unless they are being totally themselves!

My sweet someone had a cold, so we shared a cab to head home straight after the dinner.
Poor thing - he was blowing his nose and sneezing so many times!

All in all, it was great to see him again, and know that he is taking things in his stride.
That's all I care about right now, over and above everything else...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home