Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Blogger at work

No, seriously - I (the blogger) am at work.
For the first time since I started on this job, I am putting my thoughts down from the big office that I have been given.
To have an office all to myself is already a luxury, but to have a big one is something else.
I see that as a bonus.
In fact, I see most things as a bonus.

Life is not all about expectations.
The more one expects, the more one gets disappointed if an expectation is not met.
I have learnt not to expect much these days.
And this has actually come in useful in coping with the latest relationship that I started with my sweet someone some months back.
His constant work travels (and busy work schedule, in general) conditioned me to appreciate the limited time we spent together.
All the simple things like strolling in a park or chatting at my home was so enjoyable, I found.

Needless to say, I have changed - of course.
From someone who used to be very anxious to the point of paranoia(!) if I didn't hear from each of the guys whom I was in exclusive relationships with at various points in my life, to someone who is able to take things in her stride even if she didn't hear from her sweet someone for days while he had been overseas is, I feel, a positive change.
Perhaps being older has something to do with it too.

Knowing that I have simple needs and being able to be contented with the barest minimum gives me a more positive outlook.
Some may argue that I am taking things too easy.
But I would like to think it's because I am more confident about what I want out of life, and that if things are meant (or not meant) to be, so be it.

I am having dinner with my sweet someone later this evening.
Looking back, I think this is the first sit-down dinner that we are having at a restaurant!
This is also the first time we are out and about together in town.
Strange, I know, but this outing is only possible because he is officially in-between jobs as of yesterday.
He hasn't wasted any time though.
He has already sent off his CV to headhunting companies locally and overseas.
If he really finds a job overseas, that will probably be another hurdle to cross in the relationship.
But we will cross that hurdle when we come to it.
One day at a time, eh?

Oh yes, about the dinner later this evening.

I will keep you readers posted.
Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home