Thursday, April 13, 2006

"Love (?)...popped out"?

I was reading a friend's latest blog earlier.
On the right side of his webpage, under 'Previous Posts', I noticed 2 separate blog titles that made some sense about how his life is right now.
That is, '
Love?' and 'Popped Out'.
Hence the title of my blog for the day.

In some ways, his once-enjoyable and unique relationship with this other lady has indeed 'popped out' - much like his
ruby on the ring - as opposed to still being ongoing.
But what caught my attention was the statement he made about LOVE being from the heart and giving (it) without expecting something (or even anything) in return.
In some ways, that is something hard to achieve, although technically speaking, could be achievable.

I say it is hard, because even if we managed to be able to give love willingly, after the initial stages, we will need reciprocation in one form or another.
At least, we expect a response in order to react accordingly.
By reacting, I mean whether to continue loving that person, or to let go of that love.
Isn't life such?
Therefore, there is still an expectation there.

We all would like to be appreciated - showing a person more care and concern, for instance (even in the platonic sense) would render a response (and hopefully a positive one!).
On reflection, it may seem that I am selfless at showing continued care and concern towards my sweet someone.
And that is in spite of the fact that we are putting our relationship on hold while he re-establishes his career.
To anyone who is aware of my (/our) situation, he/she would think that is unconditional love.
I now realised that I am continuing to show my support to my sweet someone because I am hoping (albeit subconsciously) that we will have a positive outcome (i.e. getting back together) in time to come.
And likewise for him, he is reciprocating in kind as he (subconsciously?) also hopes that I will still be around for him when he is finally rid of his current in-between job situation.
Otherwise, why are we both still making the effort to stay in touch and be around for each other?
All it takes is just either party not to be reachable, i.e. not to take the other person's calls, or to reply to the text messages on the mobilephone, etc.
But we are both doing neither of those things mentioned.

SO, I may have just opened up a topic for discussion.
Or for reflection.

Gotta go.
Lunchtime over (at work)....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home