Thursday, December 29, 2005

2006 is near...

Another couple of days, and 2006 will arrive.
This last month has been full of surprising news - good and bad.
The bad news includes learning about a good friend's troubled marriage, and a couple of others who are facing a job crisis, etc.
Good news is me getting (and starting on) a new job come 9th January, at a place that I think will be great.
The salary expectation is much lower and not what I am supposed to be getting, but it is still a little higher than in my last job.
So I won't complain.
For me, job satisfaction is more important than anything else (although money matters a wee bit too).
Other good news also includes knowing that a gal pal could be getting married soon - after yours truly have paired her up with a nice gentleman nearly 2.5 years ago!
Not to mention many lovely new friendships that I have formed in the last year or so, upon my return home from the UK.


Lots of stuff to reflect on and think about in the past year.
I think life has been more eventful in the past year since I've been home.
More so than while I was in the UK.
It's difficult to say which life I prefer - in the UK or being back on home soil.
Each has it's own plus!
But, if placed in a certain context, of course I prefer having this current life right now.
Then again, it's my attempt to look ahead into the future.
Having a wonderful life of close friends and family and that special someone (not to mention a new job that I could potentially be happy at) beats all other material wealth that I could possess!
Not being a materialistic person, it helps to feel easily contented at my end.
Quality of life is more important to me nowadays.

I have not been having an idle time while my sweet someone is away (another 4 weeks to go).
And I'm happy to say that I have been able to make full use of my time, and wisely too.
In fact, I realised that I could actually not be holding down a job but will still be kept busy everyday!
It's nice to know, isn't it? ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home