Saturday, December 17, 2005

Another crazy week

I felt much better on Sunday.
So I decided to gather some company (in the form of my mother and sister-in-law) to go shopping with me.
I just wanted to get out for some fresh air, and to get a shirt (or two) for my sweet someone.
I enjoyed the day-out thoroughly, as the three of us hung out at a huge shopping mall after lunchtime, and didn't get home till after 8 pm!
I had gone there a couple of weeks before, and spotted this nice shirt in the men's department while I was window shopping.
But I wasn't in a shopping mood, so I didn't get it.
Since this mall is situated in the suburbs and not a place that I frequent, I thought I should be able to get the same shirt in town, particularly when there should be more variety too.
I was wrong.
Hence the decision to go back to the mall.
I was happy that I finally got my sweet someone not just that shirt, but another nice one too!

I had my physiotherapy for my back come Monday.
It felt particularly sore come Tuesday, but it was expected.
I still went to my dance class that evening, because if I miss it, the next one won't happen till 10 Jan next year!
I had great fun, as we gals were taught almost an entire "hot" routine! :o)

I then spent the entire day on Wednesday sorting out my thesis and burning it onto a CD-Rom in preparation for my next interview call-up.
It took all day, as the format and pages changed when I combined all my thesis chapters into one master-document!
I also had been busy wrapping up Christams presents and packing them into boxes for my friends and surrogate family overseas in the first few days of the week.

On Thursday, I made a special trip to the post office, to post the Christmas parcels and in my carelessness, I forgot the address for the most important package to send - the CD-Rom that contained my thesis!
Fortunately, a family friend dropped by, and he was heading to another post-office branch later that afternoon.
So he did me a big favour by posting it for me.
I finally made the visit to see the Catholic Brother on Friday.
He looked well - not like someone who's in his 70s!
I didn't get home till almost 11 pm.
That's because I took the opportunity to hang out with my ex-colleague who went with me to visit the Catholic Brother too.
Over the years since we've known each other, we continue to have so much to talk about, which amazes the both of us!
I guess it's perhaps we started our careers at the same time and at same place, and went through those years working in the same department - with no disagreements, ever.
In fact, the department was a great team to work with, which definitely helped!

Anyway, I got home in time to have a voice chat with my sweet someone.
He was due to fly out to New York (from Manila) earlier today, and because of the time difference in New York, we made the most of the night before he flew.
It was only 40 minutes of chatting, but I am already happy.
It was a quality chat, and that's more important than having nothing to say and wasting time away.
I'm also happy that the relationship is growing from strength to strength, and although effort has been made on both sides to keep in touch, it continues to feel delightfully effortless! :o)


I spent most of today sorting out interview-related stuff for this coming Wednesday.
That's when the second call-up to the interview is.
Tomorrow, I'll be finalising what I need to include for the interview.
If I have to, I shall be creating something new to showcase to the interview panel what I can do.
I can't let my previous course supervisor down, as she has written a highly flattering reference letter for this job application!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home