Friday, December 23, 2005

Post-interview news

It has been a really hectic 2 days since my 2nd interview call-up.
It was an ok one this time, although I wouldn't say it was as good as the first one.
It felt like another doctoral defence for my thesis, as not only did I have to showcase some technology stuff, but I also had to defend my position as to why I couldn't show more stuff (needless to say, that means some of the interviewers were disappointed).


I was questioned why I didn't think about taking a risk to show more of my work.
I spoke about the endless Non-Disclosure Agreements that I had signed when I was working for the previous companies in the past year or so.
I also mentioned that while I would like this dream-job, I would still not go against my own principle of respecting the previous companies' trading secrets just for my own selfish gains.
I figured that by sticking to my guns about my own beliefs and what I stand for, I have a clear conscience whether I get the job or not.

While seeing me out of the office area, the HR personnel mentioned that I appeared to have strong views.
I said that I don't see a job as merely a job, and that I would like to enjoy what I do and in return, I too would like the hiring company to be happy to have me onboard too. :o)
In fact, I mentioned about another company that I had been asked to be interviewed.
I mentioned that while the job scope and responsibilities were similar to this one, I was disappointed that that organisation cared more about making money above everything else.
I said the main reason why I applied for this current position was the fact that this organisation cares more about whether their people learn, and not so commercially inclined.

I was then told that I would be hearing the outcome of the interview in 2 weeks, and perhaps sooner.
They called back the next day.
And they have asked me back next week to do a couple of things:
- to chat to the other potential new colleague, as he will be explaining what is required in the job; and
- to chat to me about salary expectations following that.
I asked if the chat with the potential new colleague was an interview.
The reply was "no".
I guess I have more or less got the job, subject to the salary negotiation! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home