Saturday, December 10, 2005

Crazy week

There has been a flurry of activities for me this past week.
First, it was an email from a personal friend, about a golden, off-shore investment opportunity.
This started off a chain of emails to and from this friend all week, along with emails to another.

This other friend has quite a stronghold of knowledge about this particular investment, as he is residing in that ("off-shore") country.
All doubts have been cleared now, after I've taken onboard both persons' advice and comments.
Needless to say, I feel blessed that I'm able to gain help when it's needed! :o)

Now, about my interview.
It was a strange but enjoyable experience.
I informed the interviewers that I was "under the weather", but I made a conscious effort not to use that as an excuse for a poor performance.
And because of that conscious effort, the main interviewer ("the big boss") repeatedly asked - if I was really ill at all!
It was meant to be a compliment, and helped me to be more relaxed throughout the interview.
Naturally, I came away feeling that the interview had gone reasonably well.
I was even told that I should be expecting a second call-up possibly a week later!

The next day, I went for a spa appointment that I had booked for myself.
It was another torture session for me, as I was sweating pots in the end!
But it felt pretty good.
Alas, the feeling didn't last.

I was supposed to visit a Catholic Brother who was an ex-colleague of mine from a previous job with another ex-colleague.
But when I woke up on Friday morning, I only managed to make it as far as the bathroom before I started to feel my body breaking out in cold sweat, and I started to yawn for no reason, and could not see clearly anything clearly.
I blinked a few times, looked at myself at the bathroom mirror and saw a ghostly pale face with even paler lips staring back at me.
That didn't help things, and I think the shock of that vision frightened me.
Not daring to leave the bathroom in case I tripped and fell, I called out to the domestic help from the bathroom, asking her to go get my mother.
I was then helped back to bed, and I made a feeble call to my friend to cancel the visit.
An appointment at my family doctor's clinic nearby was made for the afternoon, and I slept.
When I woke up, I felt much better, so I cancelled the appointment.

My parents and I agreed that I was probably anaemic, and all I needed was plenty of rest.
And rest, I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home