Monday, November 14, 2005

Slow road to recovery

I am no longer coughing so often in the past couple of days.
It was thanks to my parents' suggestion of taking the cough medicine produced by a Japanese pharmaceutical company.
But once the coughing starts, I still get the heaving kind.

Anyhow, it was a nice weekend for me.
Nice - because I had a welcome visitor, who was concerned enough to drop by my home to check on me on Saturday (and I think you can guess who it is. :o))
Nice - also because for once, my parents were out at a surprise birthday bash for one of my uncles who had just turned 70 on Saturday, giving me some personal space!
I had to take on the role of maid-sitting though, as our live-in domestic help needed some company, with both my parents being out.
I was supposed to go for that dinner with my dad, with mom keeping our domestic-help company instead.
But due to my poor health, mom went in my place.

I guess all things happen for a reason.
And with good timing as well.
Having said that, I'll be on my own from middle of this week till the end of January in the new year, once my sweet someone flies off overseas for work!
Due to the nature of his job, it is peak work-period for him.
Hence his need to be away for such a long time.
Fortunately for me, I'm already starting to have appointments that I need to keep, which is great!
These would keep my mind occupied, and I won't be missing him so much.

The exclusive relationship is pretty secure now, strengthened by mom and dad's meeting of him three weekends ago, and giving us their blessing!
With how things are going for me right now, I couldn't be happier.
In fact, it has been quite a long while since I've been this happy.
It's like life is feeling more complete now somehow.
That is, coupled with the knowledge that I am finally appreciated for just...being...me.

The loveliest surprise for me by far is that it has been seemingly effortless for me and him at keeping the relationship fun, amusing and alive.
We even have telepathy between us, despite having a physical distance when we have not been able to get together (like when he was on his overseas work-trips, or him being around on home soil, but still had to entertain foreign, visiting clients even during after work hours).
In short, things have been so comfortable that all the ad-hoc phone calls and/or texting have not seemed like a chore for either of us whatsoever.
And all these have been occurring for like, oh, probably close to 3 months now.

Till now, not once have we both doubted each other's feelings in all the time we had known each other.
This is in spite of the fact that his work has taken up more of his personal time so far, compared to the time he has been able to spend with me.
But considering how tired he had been each time I saw him previously (usually after work, even over weekends!), and yet he made the extra effort to spend quality time with me instead of choosing to rest at home, I am already touched many times over.
Sick or not, I feel on top of the world.

Life is indeed full of surprises.
I am embracing it.
And living it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so envious....and happy for you.

4:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home