Monday, October 24, 2005

Mother of all insomnia

I promise this is the last time I'll talk about my insomnia.
But I have to share this one cuz I thought it was amazing.
I was in bed by 10 pm last night.
As usual, each time I was about to fall asleep, I was jolted awake by my own moving limb, etc.
This went on intermittently (amidst visiting the loo) till about 7+ am.
And that was when I fell asleep, waking up at 11 am.
Needless to say, the meditation didn't work after all.
Although I must say by 10 pm, I felt I was about to fall asleep big time then.
I feel as if I am floating on air now (and this is without medication!), although I'm sitting comfortably on my chair typing out this blog!
In this 'floaty' state, I've decided I shouldn't even attempt to head out to my Salsa class for this evening, what with the original intention of merely watching everyone from the sidelines if I went.
That makes 2 weeks in a row that I have missed my class, not to mention it being the last lesson at this level for today.
And up till last week, I have never missed a class in the 6 months I've been attending the classes.
Sigh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once upon a time, I worked and live onboard ships.

When the seas get rough, we tied ourselves to the bed, to stop from being thrown off when we fall asleep.

You may want to try that. Alternatively, a straight-jacket may help.

Of course, a good laugh to relieve the tension may help too.

I'm suggesting and trying all the 3 options I know to/on you.

Hope you sleep like a baby (without waking up for feed or soiled pampers) soon....

3:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home