Thursday, November 10, 2005

Unwelcome visitor

I continue to be plagued by the darn flu.
It doesn't seem to shift, and worse of all, the coughing has got worse in the past couple of nights.
For instance, when my head hit the pillow last night, it set off an endless round of heaving coughs, as my body tried to tell me to get rid of the horrid stuff that tickled my throat.
So in the 5 hours starting from when I first got into bed, I was going back and forth to the bathroom, just to clear my throat.
It got to a point where merely sitting up was the only solution to stop my non-stop coughing!

Needless to say, I woke everyone up.
I was offered a cough mixture which miraculously eased my condition, and I finally drifted off to sleep.
This was a cough mixture produced by a Japanese pharmaceutical company.
I had been offered it before, but I didn't want to subject my body to more medication on top of the ones my family doctor had prescribed me.
But the constant coughing was getting so bad and hurting my throat that I relented last night.
Well you know, in times of desperation, you tend to throw every logical reasoning out of the window ...
And this time, I was glad I did.

Right now, I still have the heaving coughs.
But the frequency has lessened.
Let's hope I'll be well soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger seefei said...

quickly recover. we are still short of kaki for squash!

7:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home