Wednesday, July 06, 2005

My dinner

As I was saying in the previous blog, I was waiting for my friend for dinner.
I had been unsuccessful at ringing her a couple of times on the mobile - recorded message said she was unavailable.
So I ended up abandoning the meeting spot and went shopping.
I had promised a good friend that I would get him a pair of wine glasses.
He has been using plastic ones which I thought is silly.
Being the more domesticated one, I said I will buy him proper ones.
So I did. :o)

Meanwhile, I sent a text message to a couple of friends.
Coincidentally, both friends were in town, but one of them was with another work-mate having dinner.
The other decided to join me, but 5 minutes into meeting up, the girlfriend whom I was supposed to have dinner with rang.
She said she had lost her phone, but found that she had actually left it at home by mistake!
Anyway, the friend who was with me decided to head on home instead.
And my dinner-girlfriend picked me up in her car and brought us to this (much heard about) little place selling soya bean curd and drink.
It was one of those older, war-time shophouses that I like.
The street name was 'Short Street'.

It was the tastiest and smoothest soya bean curd I've ever had.
The texture of the curd was as smooth as the Japanese tofu.
Yum.
Brought back some for my parents to have for supper.
It was much appreciated all-round.
I will have to go back there again sometime soon.
Thinking about it now is already making me drool...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home