Thursday, June 30, 2005

Late on a weekday

This is a first for me since I got back from the UK last December.
I only got home like almost 3 am this morning.
I spent the whole night watching all the Salseros and Salseras dancing.
And I must say you really need to have the guts and the determination to take to the floor.
For one, I saw ladies asking men to dance (wow).
For the other, I saw how the less-able dancers were learning on the dance-floor as they went along.
And many of the ladies brought their dancing shoes to change into when they arrived.
As you can see, they meant business.
It was all-in-all an eye-opener!

I also got to speak to a couple of acquaintances who have been helping out at my classes (my class has more ladies than men).
One of them has gone to Intermediate 3, and still dances like he is a beginner.
It was a total surprise to me, as I thought he was a newish learner like me!
Another is rather good.
He asked my other classmate and me why we didn't dance.
I told him I am only a beginner, and I didn't want to embarrass myself.
And then after saying that, I had to go embarrass myself by attempting to say hello to another acquaintance-cum-helper!
This guy has been a regular helper in my class.
But acted somewhat aloof.
I guess he is living up to my dance school's name (Attitude) and slogan - "You pay for the classes...the ATTITUDE comes free!" :o)
Oh well, I shall not bother with him anymore.
I've got an attitude too. Ha.

Met up with a couple of old friends too.
One at the Salsa club, and the other after I left the place.
I had an important discussion I had to make before my other friend left for Thailand later today.
In fact I think the plane has just taken off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home