Sunday, June 19, 2005

Hectic is the word (1)

Past 2 weeks have been hectic.
So brace yourselves for a blast of news! :o)

Two weeks ago...

That Sunday is now too long a time to recall.
So I shall skip that.

Monday was great(!), as my Salsa class had us finishing the lesson off by filling up the studio's dance-floor like a proper party!
Not to mention we were asked to execute our individual special moves known as "shines".

Acutally, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were hectic days.
I had to prepare for a a work-based conference call for Tuesday.
Then it got postponed to Wednesday.

When the call finally happened, things were not as bad as it sounded prior to the call.
I guess our minds could get over-imaginative sometimes, and assumes the worst in a situation.

Prior to this conference call, one of my local business associates was sounding frustrated with another business associate of ours based overseas.
All it took - I found - was a bit of "coaxing" and politeness to have our request seen to during this call.

My local business associate (it was 3-way call) came across as rather impatient man.
Not to mention that he is not very particular about keeping a record of things.
My various work experiences have taught me to document all work-related things, events, meetings, communication - and I thought this is a standard practice for everyone when at work.
But obviously not for him.
I've been chasing for minutes of meetings on-and-off from this business associate of mine, and it became apparent he was unused to such a work procedure.
So this time around, I made sure he wrote the minutes for this call (since it is his project).
I made the suggestion that I would review his drafted minutes and to add on to what he might have missed (I am the consultant).
I figured that would do the trick of ensuring that this call was documented. :o)
Well, it did.

On Thursday, I resumed the drafting of some new case studies that I am developing - all exciting stuff (but it's trade secret, so can't reveal anything here - sorry folks!).

Friday was the same work-wise, except that I also agreed to head out for a yummy sashimi dinner at a posh district with a friend even busier than me.
This Japnaese-owned restuarant is one that neither of us have ever been before.
And initially, we had a hard time locating it.
But it was worth the search, as the food was d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s.!!!!
The raw fish was so fresh that the meat was tender and juicy still.
My friend and I adjourned to my ulitmate favourite watering hole.
It is not so noisy like a pub - at least people can hear each other during conversations.
I also bought a bottle of red wine for my dad on Father's Day - i.e. TODAY.

I was exhausted by the time the weekend arrived.
So I decided to rest over the 2 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home