Saturday, June 04, 2005

Time flies

Wow.
I've just realised that I haven't blogged a week since Friday!
Time has flown by for me this week.
And I truly don't know where it all went.

Good time now to recall.
Saturday and Sunday were spent tipping my room upside down.
It was because I was (still am) nursing my flu, and didn't fancy going out.
So I postponed all my social engagements till when I'm better.

But the restless me simply couldn't stay at home all day without doing anything.
Hence the clearance of things in my room.
I've not done such a clear-out in many years.
I even found clothes that I had worn since my first university days!
Didn't know I was a SUCH a hoarder.
I am so ashamed...
To defend myself, I shall say that I'm a sentimental person.
Ha.

Anyway, during the 'tipping' process, I decided that I needed more storage space.
So only 5 minutes away in my neighbourhood, I went and bought myself a chest of drawers.
That was Saturday evening.

The chest of drawers was to be delivered for Wednesday.
So I had to make sure there was a space for it in my room.

Monday was a work-day, and my Salsa class day, so I couldn't do any more clear-out.

On Tuesday evening after work, I managed to do that a little, and halfway through, my dad came into my room and said my room looked like a rag-and-bone man's living quarters!
Sheesh...

Wednesday came, along with my chest of drawers, and up till today, I've only had it cleaned.
I am taking my time trying to decide what goes into the drawers.
I've also decided to give away a lot of old clothes that either don't fit anymore, or they are stained with yellow from not having worn them in years.
I hadn't realised I was that big size-wise in the years before my last study-stint in the UK.
And it is indeed true that once I took up regular exercise, my body shape changed.

I have found myself leaner than when I was younger, walking straighter, but also that the places where they are supposed to protrude have become more flattering.
While all that may sound great, such a change has also brought me some problems.
Clothes that are meant to fit me can't anymore.
I'm no longer a 'standard' size, whatever that means.
Dresses that I try on may show off my smaller waist perfectly, but the fit on the upper-half of the body feels tight.
That's the problem with the clothes sold on home soil.
I guess I'm now of a European sizing.
I could happily fit into a size 6 or 8 shopping in Next in the UK and be the envy of many over there, but in Singapore, I'm a 'medium' at best.
How demoralising is that?!

Moving swiftly on...

Thursday and Friday were slogging days.
In fact the whole week saw me holding voice-chats with my boss!
There were lots of things to do.
And temporarily, I am now down to my last piece of work due on Monday.

My boss will be here from Sunday afternoon.
And he's staying for a week.
I am hoping there will be less work and more meetings.
Which means I can catch my breath having to cope with my flu and working my socks off in the last couple of weeks.
We shall see.

Today I chose to stay at home to clear that piece of work for Monday.
Am intending to make tomorrow a 'free-and-easy' day.
Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home