Thursday, May 19, 2005

My Dad

I would like to say a thing or two about my Dad.
This is someone who used to favour his son (my brother) more than me.
It's not his fault - he was merely being the typical older folk with traditional thinking.
You know, the son carrying on the family name thing.
But, over the years, I have seen a gradual change in him.
Not only has he sided with me at times when my brother and I have had a tiff (knowing that I haven't been in the wrong)...
...he has also become more appreciative of the little things I have tried to do for him whenever I used to be home for my holidays from the UK.
And I have continued to do so till this day.
It's little things like making him a good cup of coffee daily, just the way he likes it.
Or the occasional times when I remember to apply some moisturising lotion on his extremely dry elbow.

Of late, he has been trying to catch those darn mosquitoes in his spare time...those that have flown into my bedroom at times, when I am being attacked.
You see, I am particularly touched as I am the only one in the family who is prone to mosquito attack (- the joke is that my blood is "sweeter" - ha.).

Coming back to my Dad - such sweet gestures of parental love that he is gradually showing is more than anything that money can buy.
I'd rather have these little gestures than pots of money with no one showing you care and concern.
Although he may never get to read my blog, I still would like to say my thanks.

"Thanks, Dad."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home