Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Crooked spine

I am listening to my all-time favourite new-age Zen music.
I first heard the soothing music when my former masssage therapist in the UK played her copy of it whenever she came to visit me to give me massages.
I liked the music so much that I got myself a copy too.

Listening to the music now has prompted me to burn a fragrant incense stick that my dad got me.
He was even sweet enough to buy me an accompanying wooden box that holds the incense stick to be burnt, when he heard that I couldn't get to sleep previously.

I am trying to ignore the pain I'm feeling on my back by listening to the soothing music.
I used my lunch time to go visit my therapist about my crooked spine.
It was a follow-up session, and my mother went with me too.
When I told her about my last Sunday's visit, she decided she should get her spine checked out too.
This is because she has been suffering from backaches for quite a long while.

Alas, she too, has a crooked spine.
And I was actually shown how crooked her spine was.
Scary, especially when the therapist actually traced (with some force exerted much like massage) the outline of my mother's spine right along her back.

I was bearing all the pain that was inflicted on my spine, but seeing as my spine was more crooked than my mother's, I didn't want to back down from the painful treatment.
Mine was re-aligned in 3 places, which wasn't great news.
At least after last Sunday's treatment, I was feeling much better.
Unlike before the treatment, I somehow didn't feel quite right.
I anticipate another sleepless night, since I've been warned my back's going to be painful tonight.
And not forgetting that I have been instructed to sit straight, walk straight and sleep on my back - all painful, to say the least!

I informed my boss that I will be spending an extended weekend holiday in Thailand with my mother at the end of the week.
He was in a jovial mood, asking if he could come along.
Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home