Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Sashimi

My boss is in town.
I met up with him on the other side of our little island called Redhill.
He was in that area for a business meeting, and he suggested to meet there.
We had a good 2-hour chat.
All mainly business talk, mind you.
While I excused myself to visit the ladies room at the end of the chat, my boss asked around if there is a restaurant in that building.
We ended up going to a Japanese one to have both our mutual favourite - sashimi.
It was a good dinner - the set course meal had SUCH a variety!

I came back for a short while, only to get a phone call for an impromptu dinner invite.
A friend had just finished working out at the gym, and was starving.
There was the offer to pick me up to go for dinner, but I declined.
I had a long day, and didn't fancy heading out again.

Then another phone call came.
This time, a friend is in my neighbourhood, and asked if I wanted to meet up for coffee.
I turned that down too.

It's usually not surprisingly for me to get asked out in the evenings during the week.
But rarely have there been offers one after another in the same evening like this.
So life is indeed unpredictable.
And interesting.

I have also yet to get back to a number of other friends whom I've said I will be meeting up to have a meal with too!

But I think I've caught another flu again.
And I've only just recovered from the last one.
Ah well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home