Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Was I right or WAS I right...?

An interesting thing happened earlier today.
I paid a small fine for a letter that has no stamp on it.
It contained my payslip for last month.
Normally, I would have simply disregarded the whole incident.
But in this case, it was official mail for the accounts services my Organisation had outsourced for.
So being the good Samaritan that I am, I thought I should inform the accounting firm about it.
It was purely for their reference, so that the firm could ask whoever who posted out the letter to take note, as it would not look good on their part if other official letters the firm has posted out have the same problem.
In short, I had no intention of claiming the trivial amount whatsoever.

So, I copied the email to my boss.
My boss then replied, checking if I was trying to make a claim.
He even said that it I were, it would make us look "cheap".
I nearly fainted that he even entertained that thought in the first place!

Anyway, things were sorted out in the end.
According to the accounting firm, the batch of stamps seems to be the problem.
Apparently, the glue on the stamps is not sticky anymore.
Whatever the reason, I felt that I did my part of alerting them to that fact (whether it is true about the glue thing or not).

So was I right in doing that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home