Monday, April 11, 2005

Salsa

I have finally gone and dunnit.
I have signed up for and attended my very first Salsa dance class this evening.
Although there were at least 3 times more ladies than men there, we gals managed to take turns dancing with the 5 men who were there (including our male instructor, and an advanced learner lending a hand - yah right!).
He was probably checking out the ladies there. ;o)
We (the ladies) were promised that we will be getting more men from the more advanced classes to join us for our next lesson.
That will be interesting.

I had wanted to learn Salsa ever since I had a taste of it when I was in the UK.
But somehow, I never got round to doing it.
So this was another thing that I can now safely tick off on my 'to-do' list.
I am glad that over the years, I have made it a point to make up a realistic 'to-do' list.
And that this list has since seen many items being ticked off gradually.
Of course, along the way, more items have been added.
But I have made sure to remind myself to be realistic in my goals.

Attending this first class has made me happy.
Perhaps it is due to the exercise, and the fact that I have made a new friend.
There is a salsa fiesta of sorts coming up this Saturday.
This was announced at the end of our lesson.
And there is a competition for the best dresser in either black and/or red.
If I am going, I do not think I will be there to compete.
Rather, I will be there to see the performances and perhaps to join in a bit of the dancing, and to imagine how I can improve myself to get to that kinda level in due course...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home