Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The start to a brand new week - part 2

Today was another round of phone calls.
Again, work-related.

I had to do some readings too, in order to prepare for a paper that I will be co-writing with one of my bosses, which may lead to a journal publication.
This is for a project that I have been hired to oversee, once my "mentoring" stage is over.
One of my bosses is mentoring me for now, and helping to bring me up to speed about the existing project work so far.
This is only the start.
My "mentoring" boss is travelling with me in the time he is here, so that he can introduce me to other people around the Asia-Pacific region as much as possible.
This is because I will be the main point of contact for future projects around the Asia-Pacific region.
Which means I will be the main person in-charge basically, as we hire more staff to work for me, over time.
I know - I am still trying to get used to that idea myself!
It sounds quite scary, right?

Another long day ahead tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home