Thursday, March 17, 2005

Strange how life is...

People who know me well are aware that I am basically a happy person.
I tend not to let things get me down for too long.
This is because I like to be able to rationalise my thoughts - which will mean I must have a clear and positive mind.

Having taken a short break from work, I chatted with a friend online earlier.
We were ex-colleagues in the previous company.
From our brief chat, I realised that my former employer is not a happy person.
Before I was "bitten", she was telling me MANY things - about her work right down to very private details of her personal life.

My ex-colleague and I share a common observation about her.
That she is a different person this year, compared to the person she was last year.
She has become really bitchy and nasty, and this seems to have happened AFTER she has been married.

After some careful analysis, and with what little knowledge of psychology I have, I have come to the conclusion that my former boss is showing signs of insecurity.
For someone who is meant to be happy from a supposedly whirlwind romance that ended in marriage within 3 months of meeting her man, she should have been one of the happiest ladies around.
BUT, I have been hearing her complain and moan about her man recently.

As far as I am aware, women who are likely to bitch, complain or moan are probably seeking for some attention.
Simply because of feeling insecure or unhappy.
Why else would they do one (or all) of those things if they are totally satisfied and contented with their own lives??

I have a theory: perhaps she is starting to think that it was not a good idea to jump into marriage so soon after all.
Hence her desperation at wanting to start a family.
Being from a very traditional Chinese family, could it be HER idea of strengthening the marriage-bond that is showing signs of cracking?

And, not being able to talk about her innermost fears has somehow made it worse, and is perhaps affecting her moods and personality as a result.
By turning on people whom she supposedly cares most about (her friends, family), she could actually be crying out for help.

Being a former good friend of hers, she became desperately unhappy that I decided not to work for her.
That could be the ONLY reason why she treated me the way she did.
She could have taken it to mean I did not value our friendship enough to want to stay.
And that I preferred working for her husband rather than for her.
In a sense, she could have felt she has "lost" me to him.
Sadly, I was merely acting on my own state of preference, which was misunderstood.

What a theory, eh?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home