Monday, March 07, 2005

A pawn

Yesterday was a rather unnerving day for me.
Got to know an acquaintance who was recently a member of an interview panel for a project-bid that I was a part of.
Not only found out that the place I work for part-time did not win the contract, but also obtained some really constructive, informal feedback from this person.
Being a Sunday, I decided not to disturb my project manager (because she had previously indicated so), but shared the news with my boss (who happens to be a dear friend) instead, out of goodwill.
Mind you - I was merely trying to pass on the very useful feedback for the sake of the company, in the hope that it will improve on its future bids.
I was then asked to compose an email for circulation to the rest of the bidding team - which I did today.
Little did I realise I have been made the "pawn" out of this incident by merely following instructions - my first taste of the business world...

...ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home