Thursday, March 17, 2005

Back in my elements

Ahhhh, today...

What can I say?

I am finally back in my (academic) "elements" that made me what I am today.
Who would have thought reading a couple of humongous work-related folders could actually make me happy???
Is that a reflection of being a true academic?
Or is this my way of escaping from the so-called "reality"???

To a selective group of people, reading books or academic papers is a definite no-no.
They much rather "die", or so I have been told.

Looking back at the time when I was still a non-academic, I loathed the academic jargon.
The "big" words that the academics use were too overwhelming and pompous-sounding, I thought.
Having finally chosen to go the academic "route", I realised I am indeed lucky...
...lucky to be able to appreciate academic jargon now.
It is like being given a chance to observe and appreciate both sides to a situation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home