Thursday, March 17, 2005

Yet another day

Today (or rather yesterday now, since it is almost 1 am) has been a day of running around.

Had to pick up some documents to refer to from my former office (collaborating on same project), as well as dropping off my claims for my previous work.
This is on top of trying to get my head round what my new role is in all this collaborating.

Nearly did not make a dinner appointment with a long-standing dear friend of mine whom I have not seen in ages.
She was accommodating enough to hang around a bookstore whilst waiting for me to turn up.
She is someone whom I truly regard as one of my dearest friends - it has been years that we have known each other.
Despite residing overseas for a good number of years, whenever we had a chance to meet up face-to-face during my home visits previously, it was so easy to pick up from where we left off!
I guess this reflects how strong our friendship-bond is.
If only all friendships were like this.

I also took the opportunity to surprise another friend on the phone.
This friend of mine has such a hectic and erratic work schedule that I hardly dared call in all the time I have known him...which goes way back when.
So in one of our previous conversations, when I was gently chided for not reciprocating the calls, I decided I would this time.
It was en-route (in the cab) to meeting my other friend waiting at the bookstore.
I am glad I did - I was told I made his day!
He sounded unwell.
Signs of stress from overworking.
Let's hope he is ok after a good sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home