Friday, March 11, 2005

Back to my old self

Wednesday's palaver is now a thing of the past.

I made sure I enjoyed myself last night, when I went out and met up with my ex-pupils from my secondary school teaching days - they are 22 years old this year - and their bosses, one of whom I coincidentally know (the world is so small!).
These guys are all fighter-pilots (or in my ex-pupils' case, fighter-pilots-to-be).
They have come back to Singapore from their French airbase - last training stage for my ex-pupils.
These are ex-pupils whom I have taught for all of the 4 years they were in the school!

I also got to know a new friend working for an e-University.
She was having dinner with one of the men prior to joining us for drinks.
What a nice surprise to know that she is also involved in the education line!

I was so happy to see my ex-pupils, that is for sure.
They have matured into wonderful adults - I am so proud of them!
Getting into the RSAF Academy is by no means an easy feat - everyone knows that.
The trainees can get kicked out of the Academy anytime, no matter how far they have advanced in their training.
In other words, right to the last day before the trainees get their "wings", they can still be booted out, if they fall short of expectation.
That takes some gutsy determination and drive to make it through.
So why wouldn't I be proud?!

Ah...my friend - their boss (or rather, one of my ex-pupils' bosses).
He has not changed one bit since I last met up with him in London last May.
He still looks as young (actually he is not old - haha)!
Perhaps it is his easygoing attitude to life that has helped maintain his youthful looks.
And that is despite him having weathered some nasty "storms" in his life.

In the time that I have known this friend, he has exuded great strength and courage in many respects.
For that, I have my utmost respect for him.
And let's not forget to mention he has brought back 2 yummy (hic!) bottles of red wine from France for me! Hehehe...

It is such deep friendships and bonding with people that reminds me that there are other things in life that is much more precious than money...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home