Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Every day is so unpredictable

I unknowingly got a friend into trouble today.

He happens to be someone who is working in company I was formerly freelancing for.
He has been asking me to make casual enquiries about whether he could switch jobs and move from his company to my current place of work.

I was merely doing my friend a favour, and I only told one of my new bosses (who happens to be the husband of my former boss) about his keen interest.
In the same conversation, I also made sure I said I would not have the heart to "poach" him from his wife's company, much as I would like to!

Now, how I got my friend into trouble (unknowingly, you mind!): he got an email from my former boss earlier today, and she asked him to tell me to stop sharing word around with "people" about him wanting to join me!

I don't even need to go through the process of elimination, since I had not told "people" about this.

I feel really bad now, and wondered if I should still sign the backdated job-contract come next week, although officially, I started work today.

I somehow feel really uncomfortable...is it unprofessional, or is my instinct telling me otherwise???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home